Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day Twenty Two

I woke up sore, groggy, and in no mood to work out. But I pulled on my shoes and drove to the gym anyways. It's amazing how rewarding pushing through the morning resistance can be! I warmed up on the elliptical, rolled out the stiff bits on my thighs, and did all of the weight machines and ab workouts. After a few minutes stretch I then left the gym and went on a 4.25 mile interval jog by the water. It was gray and sprinkling ever so slightly, which to me is the perfect running weather. I went through a park I have driven past but never really explored, and today I discovered I've been missing out! I'll have to take my husband there to play catch when it warms up a little (yes, we have mitts and play catch sometimes. It's a great way to do something active together!). I watched some wildlife while I took a little break before the return leg of the run, and then returned to the gym just as the rain really started. I stretched some more when I got back, and of course drank lots of water. Its amazing how a good workout can make the world seem like a better place!
I recently discovered the nike+, and while I can't imagine spending that much for a running "toy", it is really cool and I am a little full of lust. They have a fun commercial related to that product and one of their challenges, and watching it made me want to go out and run again!
Nike Commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment