Friday, March 26, 2010

Day Fifty Two

And then came the flu. I never get sick. Seriously. I am 28 years old and I have been working full time since I was nineteen, and I've never taken a sick day. I've had to call out from work twice for family emergencies, but never from illness. I do have physical issues related to allergies that wear me down, and that is all I thought I was suffering from at first. While at work Tuesday night I was feeling strangely lightheaded and nauseous. A coworker wasn't feeling well either, so we thought perhaps it had been what we both ate for dinner.
When my alarm went off in the morning I could barely respond. Thinking I was simply tired from frequently getting less than six hours of sleep a night, I reset my alarm for another hour of sleep. The gym wasn't going anywhere, so what would be the harm of working out later. Other than there being less space of course. When my alarm went off again I still felt awful, but I pulled myself out of bed and made some coffee, convinced that it was just sluggishness that would wear off. My husband needed the car early, and I couldn't shake off my weariness in time to get to the gym and back before he had work. I decided it would be a nice day for an easy run and set about doing a little online bill paying. I had a happy movie going to help me wake up, and at one point I realized I had stopped even idly browsing the internet as it required too much energy. I left the computer and curled up on the couch, and stayed there for much of the next day and a half.
I managed to eat a little yesterday, and even got up and stretched some so that my body wouldn't atrophy too much. And now I feel weak, but whole again. Thank goodness! I have some eating to catch up on, and I will take the dog for a long but leisurely stroll to test out my legs. Hopefully this set back won't impact Sunday too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment